It just sneaks up on you. Almost like from one day to the next. You sleep well, eat well, exercise and still there they are. The wrinkles and lines around your eyes, the sagging skin, it hurts to see it. So you find yourself leaning over the bathroom sink mirror rotating your head in different directions as the light catches different angles of your face. You see them, they are there, and as you take a second to wonder how this ever happened to you, you try to embrace it as a part of life and aging, and then immediately decide to find away to get rid of them… fast.
Why and how do they happen? Aging Skin occurs from sun damage that has accumulated over the years, as well as being a simple fact of life. Aging causes the skin to lose some of its elasticity, which causes the sagging that appears as wrinkles, and gravity's pull on the muscles downwards. Gravity doesn't really work in our favor in any circumstance.
So while you stare in the mirror and wonder how this all happened, here are the most important and crucial things you can do for your skin and its long term health … in other words, to avoid, slow down and hopefully to reverse the signs of aging.
1) Avoid sleeping on your face. I know this can be difficult and out of your control (as you are sleeping) but try not to start out on your sides. Those hours of sleep are helpful, but also can be harmful with all the pressure on your face, this can have a cumulative effect over time.
2) Don't smoke, don't go close to smoke, and don't inhale smoke. Just run in the opposite direction if you sense smoke. This is one thing that you can control. So no joke, run in the other direction if you want that anti aging to start happening.
3) Once the wrinkles are already there, there are a lot of Skin Care options out there that can help in reversing them effectively:
4) Depending on how intense you're fine lines are, you can get a prescription of Retin-A wrinkle cream that can be applied nightly.
5) Daily and Nightly Skin Care is vital. Use of moisturizers and face creams are very important to provide the anti-oxidants and hydration that is required to keep your skin healthy.
6) Always wash your face before going to bed. Take off all those Beauty Products that have seeped into your pores during the day.
7) Hydrate inside and out. Aging skin is hydrated externally (face creams) and internally (drinking plenty of water).